The methicillin-resistant bacteria were also tested for their resistance to 10 other types of antibiotics commonly used to treat humans.Sixty-five percent were resistant to tetracycline, 39 percent were resistant to erythromycin and 35 percent were resistant to clindamycin.
Genotyping Staphylococcus aureus
Overview of S. aureus
What is Bacterial Typing?
Why typing L. pneumophila
- Identify and trace outbreaks in a real time from a single or a multiple source.
- Check if a medical device is the source of a contamination to implement hygiene measures.
- Distinguish recurrence and reinfection in a chronic patient to determine the source of infection.
- Show evidence of cross-infections between patients to control the outbreak.
- Determine the source of food contamination (human or animal) as a microbial source tracking tool.
- Emphasize the emergence of virulent strains/clones (CC8, CC45,…)
- Study S. aureus epidemiology to evaluate emergence conditions and seasonal influences on contaminations.
MLVA, a powerful typing method
Multi Locus VNTR Analysis (MLVA) is a PCR based typing method that relies on the inherent variability found in many regions of repetitive DNA called VNTR (Variable Number Tandem Repeat) which represent sources of genetic polymorphism. The MLVA assay for S. aureus examines 16 loci. Thus, each isolate is defined by a 16-digit numeric code corresponding to the number of repeats at each VNTR.
Efficient amplification of the 16 markers in 2 multiplex PCRs. Required equipment: ABI sequencer to analyze the amplicons. The typing data is managed by GeneMapper (defaultly linked with ABI sequencers) to obtain the numeric code. Ceeram provides specific and adapted training sessions to help the implementation of bacterial typing in your lab.
Ceeram Solution : Service
Our Expertise Department has an automatized and standardized genotyping platform at disposal. The procedure involves three steps:
- Samples receipt (DNA or colonies on plates)
- MLVA genotyping and
- Analysis report (isolates relatedness).
Download our brochure