The EFSA Scientific Network on microbiological risk assessment (MRA Network) held its biannual meetings on 23/24 April 2013 in Brussels and on 19/20 November 2013 in Parma.
Currently, 22 EU Member States and two observer countries (Switzerland and Norway) are members of the MRA Network. During the biannual meetings a wide range of topics related to microbiological risk assessment were discussed. Public health risks related to the consumption of raw milk has been thoroughly discussed at both Network meetings and will continue to be discussed by EFSA‟s Panel on Biological Hazards (BIOHAZ).
During the second meeting the terms of reference for the next mandate of the MRA Network were revised and agreed. The MRA Network meetings for next year are foreseen for spring and autumn 2014.
Specifically on Viruses :
- Hepatitis E Virus in pigs and raw pig liver products: Evaluation of control options and detection methods
- Norovirus transmission estimation during deli sandwich preparation and on soft red fruits (TRAVIFOOD project, Belgium)
- Lessons learnt from food-borne outbreaks in Germany
- Finnish model assessing Norovirus risk in a simplified process line
- HAV cases in Italy correlated with frozen soft fruits