A genotyping Platform
Our Expertise Department has an automatized and standardized genotyping platform at disposal. The procedure involves three steps:
- Samples receipt (DNA or colonies on plates)
- MLVA genotyping and
- Analysis report (isolates relatedness).
Why choose the genotyping platform from Ceeram?
- 100 strains typing within 72 hours guaranteed
- Validated on clinical and environmental strains
- Reproductible results
- High discrimination
- MLVA numeric exchangeable and storable code
- Data Base
- Patented methods (S. aureus, P. aeruginosa)
The bacterial genotyping platform from Ceeram will allow you to systematically type all collected isolates in order to rapidly take necessary actions during outbreaks, or as a goal to implement preventive measures.
Why choose ceeramTools™ genotyping kits
- A ready-to-use solution for internal use in your own laboratory
- Specific and adapted training sessions to help bacterial typing implementation in your lab
- Amplification efficacy
- GeneMapper® data computing
- ABI sequencers adapted
- Used by European National Reference Centres.
MLVA, a powerful typing method
Multi Locus VNTR Analysis (MLVA) is a PCR based typing method that relies on the inherent variability found in many regions of repetitive DNA called VNTR (Variable Number Tandem Repeat) which represent sources of genetic polymorphism. The MLVA assay for L. pneumophila examines 12 loci. Thus, each isolate is defined by a 12-digit numeric code corresponding to the number of repeats at each VNTR.